Back to Map

Maptalk-Digest Wednesday, December 22 1999 Volume 99 : Number 539

Chase.Online droped judge judy ;)
    From: Larry Seguin <>
The Passing Of A Warrior, Jim Rosenfield
    From: Larry Seguin <>
Judge Judy show
    From: Larry Seguin <>
Re: MAP: Cindy Hensley-McCain
    From: Involuntary <>
Re: MN: US: Nelson Says Toking Solution To Global Woes
    From: Involuntary <>
Judge Judy
    From: Larry Seguin <>
Re: MAP: Cindy Hensley-McCain
    From: Larry Seguin <>
Johnson: Public Drug Discussion Fruitless
    From: Richard Lake <>


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subj: Chase.Online droped judge judy ;)
From: Larry Seguin <>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:02:57 -0500

Mark, Letters worked!!, I don't know if this is a big deal, but I posted it
any way. Who do we "letter to death" next? McZar maybe!
Larry S ;)
>Delivered-To: 
>From: <>
>X-Lotus-FromDomain: CHASE
>To: 
>Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:59:44 -0500
>Subject: Judge Judy
>
>
>
>
>Dear Mr. Seguin:
>
>We have received your correspondence regarding your comments about personal
>opinions recently voiced by Judy Scheindlin, a television personality
commonly
>known as "Judge Judy" .  We thank you for letting us know your concerns.
>
>Although Chase had placed a television commercial on the Judge Judy show, we
>have since taken appropriate action to cancel any further such placements.
>Additionally, please be aware of the fact that the comments attributed to Ms.
>Scheindlin do not reflect the views of either Chase or Shell.
>
>Thank you for your correspondence.
>Annette Dickens
>Chase Customer Service
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Chase Online7
>12/07/99 08:33 AM
>
>Sent by:  Chase Online9
>
>
>To:   
>cc:
>
>Subject:  Judge Judy  (Document link: Chase Direct-In)
>
>
>Dear Mr. Seguin:
>
>Thank you for your feedback.  Your inquiry has been forwarded to our
Advertising
>area for review.  We are very concerned and are looking into what area of
Chase
>is advertising on this show.  If you have any questions or additional
comments,
>please contact us.
>
>Thank you, Erick Griffith
>Chase Customer Service
>
>
>
>
> on 12/05/99 08:33:00 PM
>
>To:   Chase Direct-In/CHASE@CHASE
>cc:
>
>Subject:  Unspecified Subject
>
>
>
>Date:  Sunday, December 5, 1999 at 21:33:42
>
> Subject:  Unspecified Subject
>
> sent to:
>
> Re:
>http://www.chase.com/chase/gx.cgi/FTes?evalpageChase/Href&urlnameconta
s/generalfeedback
>
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Name:  Larry Seguin
>
> Company Name:
>
> Telephone Number:  315-393-7375
>
> Fax:
>
> Address1: 288 Cold Spring Rd.
>
> Address2:
>
> E-mail: 
>
> City: Lisbon
>
> State/Country: New York
>
> Zip/Postal Code: 13658-3208
>
> Comments:
>
>           Concerning Judge Judy Sheindlin:
>          I did not like Her  "let-em-die"  attitude about needle exchange!
>          I Feel that such talk -- especially from a Judge -- especially from
>someone who is
>Jewish -- is completely reprehensible and inexcusable. Her remarks show
that she
>isn't fit
>to be a judge on television or anywhere else.
>          I plan to stop buying  your products and I am encouraging my
friends
>to do the
>same.
>         I  hope, you as a sponsor will also show your outrage against her
>remarks by
>canceling your advertising for her show. I don't want to boycott or take
other
>action
>against people who feel the same as I do about it.
>Thank you
>Larry Seguin
>288 Cold Spring Rd.
>Lisbon, New York 13658-3208
>315-393-7375
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

------------------------------

Subj: The Passing Of A Warrior, Jim Rosenfield
From: Larry Seguin <>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:46:45 -0500

Our thoughts and love go out to the family of Jim Rosenfield. I never met
Jim , but I sure knew him. I feel Jim inspired thousands of people. His
name will live on.
May god bless Jim and his family.
From my family to his.

Larry, Kathy, Shawn, and Samantha.**********

------------------------------

Subj: Judge Judy show
From: Larry Seguin <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:56:29 -0500

>Delivered-To: 
>From: Stacey Goertz <>
>To: "''" <>
>Subject: Judge Judy show
>Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:49:44 -0600
>X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2448.0)
>
>Thank you for communicating your interest on this issue to us.  Your
>concerns will be taken into consideration when we plan our upcoming
>advertising campaign.   Also, we have forwarded your email to our national
>media buyer.  
>
>We thank you for your input and for bringing your comments to our attention.
>
>Sincerely,
>Stacey S. Goertz
>Director of Marketing
>
>

------------------------------

Subj: Re: MAP: Cindy Hensley-McCain
From: Involuntary <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 06:03:14 -0600

On Wed, 08 Dec 1999 14:41:16 -0500, Larry Seguin <>
posted article <>, which
said:

> USA weekend (published Dec. 3-5)
>         Cindy Hensley-McCain (John McCains wife) is Vice chairman of her
> family's business. Hensley and co. One of the nation's largest
> Anheuser-Busch Distributors.

And doesn't Anheuser-Busch also run Partnership for a Drug-Free America
in conjuntion with Phillip-Morris, both of who would naturally have an
ulterior motive for keeping people off "other" drugs?

------------------------------

Subj: Re: MN: US: Nelson Says Toking Solution To Global Woes
From: Involuntary <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 06:28:33 -0600

I used to think like this myself... that all world leaders should smoke
a bowl before peace meetings and before making world-changing decisions.
I can't say I'm against it, but I'd hate to see the world artificially
running on pot.  I think the actual freedom for one to decide for
himself whether or not he wants to smoke marijuana would be the biggest
plus.  However, I do agree with Willie.  If all the world leaders were
stoned, there would be less debate over borders and rights and more
cooperation and free sharing of technology and resources.... or would
there?  Does marijuana inherently make a person more peacable?  Or does
it amplify who you are?  What would happen if a truly evil person smoked
marijuana?  If a tyrant was high, would be become more of a tryant?
Would he exploit marijuana for his own benefit?

Overall, though, I'm disappointed in people who have never tried
marijuana, but they stand up and preach that it's no good.  Their whole
agenda runs on heresy and distant observation.  And then there are those
who "smoked it once and didn't like it."  They smoked it once and
nothing happened, as it happens with anyone who smokes for the first
time.  Give it a chance.

I bet that culinary chemists could come up with some delightful recipes
that would leave you perfectly filled, and perfectly high.  Not too
high, but just enough.  Being and attaining a high is more than an art
form, however.  It's just natural.

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:20:29 -0800,  (MAPNews)
posted article <>, which
said:

> Newshawk: Sledhead
> Pubdate: Tue, 21 Dec 1999
> Source: Denver Post (CO)
> Copyright: 1999 The Denver Post
> Contact: 
> Address: 1560 Broadway, Denver, CO 80202
> Fax: (303) 820.1502
> Website: http://www.denverpost.com/
> Forum: http://www.denverpost.com/voice/voice.htm
> 
> NELSON SAYS TOKING SOLUTION TO GLOBAL WOES
> 
> Willie Nelson offers his hopes for society at the dawn of a new age in
> Rolling Stone's Millennium Special issue.  In it, the country legend is a
> downright poster boy for marijuana, advocating "a little puff before you go
> out and make a lot of world decisions."
> 
> He adds, "They should start off every world summit with a puff, too, or
> maybe just pump a little into the air conditioner. The world would be a much
> mellower place."  Nelson also envisions being "able to push a switch and
> have pot released into every household all over the world. This invention
> would be sure to get a joint in the hand of every world leader, every
> morning -- right into their bedrooms."
> > > > ---
> MAP posted-by: Doc-Hawk

------------------------------

Subj: Judge Judy
From: Larry Seguin <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:38:23 -0500

>Delivered-To: 
>From: <>
>X-Lotus-FromDomain: CHASE
>To: 
>Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:18:23 -0500
>Subject: Judge Judy
>
>
>
>
>Dear Mr. Seguin:
>
>We are glad to be of assistance.  If you have any questions, please feel
free to
>contact us.
>
>Thank you, Anitra Cooper
>Chase Customer Service
>
>
>
>
>
>Larry Seguin <> on 12/21/99 04:19:43 PM
>
>To:   Chase Online7/CHASE@CHASE
>cc:
>
>Subject:  Re: Judge Judy
>
>
>
>To Annette Dickens: Chase Customer Service,
>Thankyou for your concern. I will pass your note to my friends.
>Have a very happy holiday and best wishes for you and yours for the new year.
>Larry Seguin
>288 Cold Spring Rd
>Lisbon, New York 13658-3208
>315-393-7375
>
>
>At 09:59 AM 12/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>Dear Mr. Seguin:
>>
>>We have received your correspondence regarding your comments about personal
>>opinions recently voiced by Judy Scheindlin, a television personality
>commonly
>>known as "Judge Judy" .  We thank you for letting us know your concerns.
>>
>>Although Chase had placed a television commercial on the Judge Judy show, we
>>have since taken appropriate action to cancel any further such placements.
>>Additionally, please be aware of the fact that the comments attributed to
Ms.
>>Scheindlin do not reflect the views of either Chase or Shell.
>>
>>Thank you for your correspondence.
>>Annette Dickens
>>Chase Customer Service
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Chase Online7
>>12/07/99 08:33 AM
>>
>>Sent by:  Chase Online9
>>
>>
>>To:   
>>cc:
>>
>>Subject:  Judge Judy  (Document link: Chase Direct-In)
>>
>>
>>Dear Mr. Seguin:
>>
>>Thank you for your feedback.  Your inquiry has been forwarded to our
>Advertising
>>area for review.  We are very concerned and are looking into what area of
>Chase
>>is advertising on this show.  If you have any questions or additional
>comments,
>>please contact us.
>>
>>Thank you, Erick Griffith
>>Chase Customer Service
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> on 12/05/99 08:33:00 PM
>>
>>To:   Chase Direct-In/CHASE@CHASE
>>cc:
>>
>>Subject:  Unspecified Subject
>>
>>
>>
>>Date:  Sunday, December 5, 1999 at 21:33:42
>>
>> Subject:  Unspecified Subject
>>
>> sent to:
>>
>> Re:
>>http://www.chase.com/chase/gx.cgi/FTes?evalpageChase/Href&urlnameconta
>s/generalfeedback
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>Name:  Larry Seguin
>>
>> Company Name:
>>
>> Telephone Number:  315-393-7375
>>
>> Fax:
>>
>> Address1: 288 Cold Spring Rd.
>>
>> Address2:
>>
>> E-mail: 
>>
>> City: Lisbon
>>
>> State/Country: New York
>>
>> Zip/Postal Code: 13658-3208
>>
>> Comments:
>>
>>           Concerning Judge Judy Sheindlin:
>>          I did not like Her  "let-em-die"  attitude about needle exchange!
>>          I Feel that such talk -- especially from a Judge -- especially
from
>>someone who is
>>Jewish -- is completely reprehensible and inexcusable. Her remarks show
>that she
>>isn't fit
>>to be a judge on television or anywhere else.
>>          I plan to stop buying  your products and I am encouraging my
>friends
>>to do the
>>same.
>>         I  hope, you as a sponsor will also show your outrage against her
>>remarks by
>>canceling your advertising for her show. I don't want to boycott or take
>other
>>action
>>against people who feel the same as I do about it.
>>Thank you
>>Larry Seguin
>>288 Cold Spring Rd.
>>Lisbon, New York 13658-3208
>>315-393-7375
>>
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>

------------------------------

Subj: Re: MAP: Cindy Hensley-McCain
From: Larry Seguin <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:47:41 -0500

Is this a fact:
"Anheuser-Busch also runs Partnership for a Drug-Free America
in conjuntion with Phillip-Morris."
I thought partnership didn't take money from either of them anymore!!
Larry S ;)

At 06:03 AM 12/22/99 -0600, you wrote:
>On Wed, 08 Dec 1999 14:41:16 -0500, Larry Seguin <>
>posted article <>, which
>said:
>
>> USA weekend (published Dec. 3-5)
>>         Cindy Hensley-McCain (John McCains wife) is Vice chairman of her
>> family's business. Hensley and co. One of the nation's largest
>> Anheuser-Busch Distributors.
>
>And doesn't Anheuser-Busch also run Partnership for a Drug-Free America
>in conjuntion with Phillip-Morris, both of who would naturally have an
>ulterior motive for keeping people off "other" drugs?
>
>

------------------------------

Subj: Johnson: Public Drug Discussion Fruitless
From: Richard Lake <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:14:55 -0500

In the news item at the following URL it says: Johnson said he continues to
welcome vigorous debate on how to solve the drug problem, but "can't
continually respond to criticism about me because those critics are 180
degrees (in opposition) of my facts." 

URL:  http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v99.n1385.a07.html

Pubdate: Sat, 18 Dec 1999
Source: Albuquerque Journal (NM)
Copyright: 1999 Albuquerque Journal
Contact: 
Address: P.O. Drawer J, Albuquerque, N.M. 87103
Website: http://www.abqjournal.com/
Author: Associated Press

Note: A rare comment from MAP's Sr. Editor: We can not agree with this
story. Gov. Johnson has his facts right. As those with a vested interest in
prohibition fight the truth every way they can, of course they will seek to
replace facts with propaganda. Governor Johnson is undoubtedly taking some
tremendous heat from drug warriors for his courageous stand.  He is the
highest profile politician in the nation calling for a national debate on
drug policy. He needs PLENTY of encouragement. 

Please consider calling his office to voice your opinion or faxing a copy
of your letter to him.

CALL Governor Johnson's Office (505) 827 3000 

FAX Governor Johnson (505) 827 3026 

Or send a note via the webform on his contact webpage at:
http://164.64.43.1/opinion/Opinion.htm

[continues: 60 lines]
- ------------------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The link to articles about Gov. Johnson is
http://www.mapinc.org/johnson.htm

This msg forwarded by:
Richard Lake 
Sr. Editor; MAPnews, MAPnews-Digest and DrugNews-Digest
More than 30,345 Drug-Related News Clippings
in a  powerful new SEARCHABLE database!
http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/
Quick sign up for DrugNews-Digest, Focus Alerts or Weekly:
http://www.DrugSense.org/hurry.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The original weekly drug policy newsletter, DrugSense Weekly
http://www.drugsense.org/current.html
.............................................
Information about state discussion lists is at:
http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v99/n699/a01.html
.............................................
Interactive chat room for activists:
http://www.drugsense.org/chat/ 
The chat starts at about 9:00 p.m on Saturday and Sunday night Eastern time. 
...........................................
There is no justice in the War on Drugs!
http://www.november.org/

------------------------------

End of Maptalk-Digest V99 #539
******************************

Mark Greer ()         ___ ___     _ _  _ _
Media Awareness Project              /' _ ` _ `\ /'_`)('_`\
P. O. Box 651                        | ( ) ( ) |( (_| || (_) )
Porterville, CA 93258                (_) (_) (_) \__,_)| ,__/
(800) 266-5759                                         | |
URL: http://www.mapinc.org/lists/                      (_)

HomeBulletin BoardChat RoomsDrug LinksDrug NewsFeedback
Guest BookMailing ListsMedia EmailMedia LinksLettersSearch