As part of our Media Activism Project,
DrugSense is renting a place on the web
which allows up to 25 people to gather and discuss drug policy reform - our virtual
DrugSense/MAP conference room. This premium, web-based chatroom
allows visitors to not only type messages but also talk to each other
We use our room for media training sessions, staff meetings, brainstorming,
activism planning, and, yes - some recreational use may occur.
This document is divided into two parts:
1) Howto SETUP Paltalk Software
2) Howto ACCESS DrugSense/Map Room
1) Howto SETUP Paltalk Software:
Paltalk Messenger is the software used to access our room. It
is available as freeware and we recommend all users download and install version 7.
Paltalk is a windows program and will also run on Mac OS 9 or OSX with Microsoft
Virtual PC software or open source OpenOSX WinTel for Mac OSX.
Follow the instructions on the Paltalk download page to download and install Paltalk Messenger:
Paltalk Download page: http://www.paltalk.com/PalTalkSite/download.html
Microsoft Virtual PC software available at this address:
OpenOSX WinTel for Mac OSX software available at this address:
2) Howto ACCESS DrugSense/Map Room:
To Access our room from your computer:
- Open Paltalk Software and Login
- Click the Chat Rooms tab:
- Click the Rooms button:
- Click the Social Issues and Politics from the Category List:
- This will bring up the listing of rooms on the right hand side of the screen.
Click Government and Politics on the right-hand side of the screen to expand
- RIGHT click the DrugSense MAP room and click join room from the popup menu
to bring up the login in screen.
Note: Double Clicking will also work
- Type welcome-pal at the Room Password prompt and click the OK button
- Welcome to our Virtual Conference Room!
- Please visit our room schedule for future events.